Frequently Asked Questions about the Library
When may I visit the Library?
- After 7:10 a.m. (before 1st period);
- During class with a library pass, during lunch with a pass from the cafeteria, during HawkTime following HawkTime library procedures;
- After school on late bus days (Monday, Wednesday, Thursday).
How do I check out a book?
- All of our students and staff are in our computer system. Just bring your selection to the circulation desk.
How many books may I check out?
- You may check out a total of 3 books at one time, or more in special cases.
What happens if I forget to return my book, or if my book is damaged or lost?
- If you think you have a problem, come speak to Ms. Brinkman or Ms. Carlson right away to figure out what you need to do. If your record shows that you have an overdue book(s), you will have to clear your record by either returning the item(s), renewing the item(s) or paying for replacement of the item(s).
- Overdue books not cleared from a student's record stay on the student's record indefinitely until the situation is resolved.
How long may I keep a book?
- Books are checked out for 3 weeks and may be renewed.
- Bring your book to the library and we will renew it for another 3 weeks.
Where do I return books?
- You may return books to the book return slot in the circulation desk.
What can I use the library computers for?
- Searching the Library Online Catalog for FCPS books and resources
- Searching the Internet for specific research assignments
- Searching the FCPS Online Databases
- Listening to books online
Is there anything I can't use the school computers for?
- Library computers may not be used to access personal e-mail accounts or to check personal e-mail messages.
- Library computers may not be used for playing games.